Dropshipping may sound easy due to all the information available on the internet, but it’s not as easy as you think. Drop shipping is not easy. If you don’t overcome these hurdles first, your chances for success are slim. here are the top eCommerce platforms for dropshipping business.
Although it may seem like I am discouraged from taking this step, in reality, I am simply advising you of the challenges ahead and how you can prepare for them. First, you need to choose the right eCommerce platform to support your drop shipping business.
Dropshippers and eCommerce use the same types of eCommerce platforms as drop shippers because they are both similar in nature. Dropshippers should be aware of the differences between eCommerce and dropshipping before they begin their business. These include the ease of access, the prices, and, most importantly, the support that these stores provide.
This guide will address all aspects of these platforms and expose every flaw in the top 5 eCommerce platforms you can use to run your dropshipping business.
5 Best eCommerce Platforms for Dropshipping
Let’s dive into the details and find the best eCommerce platform to help startups start dropshipping businesses. Below is a comparison of each platform that focuses on ease of use, support, and price.
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform in the world. WooCommerce has an almost 27% market share in eCommerce stores. The main reason for this is that it’s a free and simple plugin. It is easy to install on WooCommerce, even for non-technical users.
- User-Friendliness: The WooCommerce interface is simple enough for anyone to understand. It’s built on WordPress, which is a popular platform for bloggers. Users can add multiple add-ons free of charge. With just a few clicks, users can install WooCommerce and start their business.
- Support: WooCommerce is supported by a large community of developers and designers who actively promote the platform. This platform offers a lot of support and installation information.
- Price: WooCommerce can be used for free. It’s a WordPress plugin and can be installed by users with WordPress installed. It can be used as a plugin, without having to pay anything.
- Websites hosted on It: There are many eCommerce websites that use it as their eCommerce platform. Singer, Weber Grills, and Ripley’s are just a few of the many.
Also read: Top 10 Shipping Software for Growing eCommerce Businesses
Magento is the third most used eCommerce platform in the world. Magento is not for beginners. It is powerful, complex, and difficult. Magento is an easy-to-use eCommerce platform and does not require programming knowledge. Dropshippers that use Magento for their eCommerce platform either have experience in Magento store development or have hired developers.
- User-Friendliness: Magento, an advanced eCommerce platform, has a user-friendly design. It can be used by anyone who wishes to start a drop shipping company. They will need help in updating Magento and fixing any errors. This is not recommended for beginners.
- Support: Magento is a popular platform that can help you. A forum is available for Magento designers and developers to help newcomers. There are also numerous other channels such as Youtube channels, blogs, and forums where users can get help if they have any problems while creating dropshipping shops. Dropshippers may also use multiple Magento plugins.
- Price: Magento is an eCommerce platform that is free to use.
- Hosting Websites on It: Magento hosts thousands of high-quality, high-quality eCommerce sites. It is used by manufacturers like Selco BW and Dufry.
Shopify is undoubtedly one of the most popular eCommerce platforms to dropship. Shopify claims to have around 500,000 dropshipping and eCommerce Stores. Shopify acquired Oberlo in 2016. This dropshipping plugin makes it easy to import products and fulfill orders. It is a popular eCommerce platform for users with limited technical knowledge.
Shopify holds 20% of the market share and is the second most used platform. However, it is a hosted platform. These Shopify alternatives are available if you’re looking for a self-hosted platform.
- Support: Shopify provides 24/7 email, phone, and chat support. You can also ask for assistance in its official forum. Shopify is a proprietary platform so you won’t get much support on custom development forums.
- Price: Shopify is a premium eCommerce platform. There are three plans available, ranging in price from $29 to $299. Enterprises that are interested in premium services can choose Advanced Shopify.
- Websites hosted on It: Shopify houses most of the leading dropshipping shops. It hosts websites like UgMonk Flat Spot, Negative Underwear, and Pipcorn.
BigCommerce can be used as a hosted eCommerce platform. It holds a share of the eCommerce market and hosts more than 150,000 websites. It’s well-known for its easy user interface and fast eCommerce setup. BigCommerce is a more affordable hosted e-commerce platform than Shopify. because it does not charge any transaction fees, offers unlimited staff accounts, and other notable features.
- User Friendliness: BigCommerce’s interface is very user-friendly. It is easy to set up your trial account. The majority of BigCommerce themes come with no cost and can be customized to suit your needs.
- Support: BigCommerce provides the same support as Shopify, including email, chat, and phone.
- Price: BigCommerce has three packages that range from $29 to $250. You can also get an enterprise version. However, the price is not disclosed and you will need to contact the BigCommerce team.
- Websites hosted on It: BigCommerce hosts the e-commerce shops of many top-notch companies like Toyota, Marucci Sports, and Nine Line Apparel.
OpenCart is an intuitive eCommerce platform. OpenCart is simple to set up even for those with little tech knowledge. OpenCart provides a range of paid and free plugins and themes for dropshipping.
- User-friendliness: OpenCart was designed for eCommerce and offers analytics, payments, order volume, and payment options on the administrator dashboard. OpenCart is simple to use even for people with no technical knowledge.
- Support: OpenCart offers email and ticket support for its users. Opencart users can access a forum to get answers to any questions they might have while setting up stores.
- Price: OpenCart is free to use. Hosting it is all that’s required.
- Websites Hosted on It: Many prominent eCommerce shops use It OpenCart to host their websites. These include the British Red Cross, For Fans by Fans, and 6 Dollar Shirts.
Also read: 7 Tips For Choosing The Best eCommerce Platform
What are the Best Dropshipping Features in an Ecommerce Platform?
Your dropshipping success will depend on the platform you choose. It is important to do your research when choosing the right platform. It is important to consider your decision’s long-term effects and how it will affect your business.
Here are some key characteristics to consider when selecting the right eCommerce platform to dropship.
Dropshipping businesses usually have low-profit margins. When choosing a platform, make sure you consider your ROIs. Some platforms are completely free while others charge a lot.
It is easy to set up a Woocommerce dropshipping platform. You also have complete control over your hosting service, plug-ins, and other options. You have unmatched customization options and scalability.
Shopify is easy to set up, but customization will be a challenge as your store grows. It has a monthly minimum cost of $29/mo, which goes up to $299/mo if you choose their advanced package. Each has its own pros and cons, which justifies the price.
Some platforms can be customized more than others. Magento, for instance, is very customizable while Wix and Shopify are limited.
3. Community Support
Platform problems can arise when you start your dropshipping business or after it has grown. You will find it easier to use platforms that have a large online community. The more people who work on a platform, the easier it is to solve blockers.
Your business will grow and attract thousands, if not millions of visitors. It can be frustrating when your business is geared toward growth but your platform doesn’t support you. Your platform should allow you to scale your business as it grows.
5. Customer support
There is no platform that is perfect. You’ll encounter problems and bugs along the way in setting up an eCommerce dropshipping shop. Good platforms will provide 24/7 customer support to ensure that any problems are resolved as quickly as possible.
6. Use it quickly
You will need to manage both the front-end as well as the back end of your online shop. This is a critical part of your platform selection.
It’s simple to manage your Woocommerce shop because it’s a WordPress plugin. WooCommerce is very easy to use if you are using WordPress.
Shopify’s back panel is also very user-friendly, making it simple to manage an eCommerce store. Before you finalize your eCommerce platform, make sure to consider how easy it is to use.
Also read: Top 25 eCommerce Marketing Tools For Your Business
7. Marketing tools
The creation of the store is only one aspect. The final step is marketing it to the target audience. You should choose a platform that offers you marketing and SEO tools to help you rank higher in search engines and be found by your target audience.
You can use Yoast and All in One SEO Packs with WordPress Woocommerce to increase your store’s rank. Shopify lets you install SEO Suite, SEO Optimizer, and SEO Booster tools that can boost your search engine performance.
8. Dropshipping integrations
You should be able to connect with high-quality suppliers who offer dropshipping services through a good platform.
You can integrate high-level dropshipping plugins such as Spocket, Woodropship, and AliDropship with Woocommerce easily. Before you finalize your eCommerce platform for dropshipping, make sure to review the dropshipping integrations.