Many great and unrecognized chefs worldwide would do anything to have a restaurant. Whether their culinary experience came from years of cooking in the kitchen with loved ones or through years of educational training, the chances of becoming a restaurant owner are slim. Many obstacles keep aspiring chefs from realizing their dreams, from high overhead expenses to heavy competition. Fortunately, ghost kitchen technology offers an affordable and practical solution.
What Is A Ghost Kitchen?
Ghost kitchens are brick-and-mortar establishments with commercial kitchens and service spaces designed for pickup and delivery. Established and aspiring chefs can lease a ghost kitchen Toronto, Aurora, Huston, Miami, New York City, and other cities nationwide.
The facilities come with commercial-grade appliances, cooking equipment, and resources to prepare meals. Depending on your budget and contract, a ghost kitchen can also include support staff. However, one of the most beneficial advantages of ghost kitchens is access to advanced technology.
Restaurant Management Software
Whether you own a restaurant or cafe, a chef’s responsibilities go beyond preparing culinary masterpieces. As the restaurant owner, you’re also responsible for ensuring that you provide timely and adequate service. That means keeping track of orders and executing them according to the customer’s wishes. However, when you receive orders over the phone, online, and in person, keeping things in order is easier said than done.
Ghost kitchens equip restaurant owners with restaurant management software that streamlines the order and delivery process. You can sync your delivery service provider accounts (i.e., UberEats, DoorDash, and Grubhub) on one platform, add or update menu items in real-time, accept and pause orders, track carrier delivery status, review order history, and analyze data for insights on marketing and sales.
Also read: 4 Ways To Promote Your Restaurant Online
Benefits of Ghost Kitchen Technology
The restaurant management software offered with ghost kitchens has many benefits for chefs. Below are a few to consider.
- Better Workflow – Managing multiple platforms, taking and confirming orders, checking delivery status, and providing customer service are necessary but time-consuming tasks. They slow productivity, making it difficult to accommodate your target market. High-quality restaurant management software streamlines essential and monotonous tasks, enabling you to focus on ensuring your dishes are prepared just right for your customers.
- Reduces Errors – No business is perfect, but mistakes can be costly to your brand. Forgetting to fill an order, advertising an unavailable menu item, or preparing a dish that doesn’t meet the customer’s expectations, can result in a customer complaint or negative review that tarnishes your restaurant’s reputation. Ghost kitchen technology reduces your risk of error by streamlining processes and making it easier for you to keep track of the ordering process from start to finish.
- Improved Customer Service – You can have delicious food, but your business won’t go far if you’re not satisfying your customers. Adopting technologies that help you and your team streamline processes, improve workflow, and minimize errors enhances the customer experience.
- Increased Sales – Here is an advantage of ghost kitchen technology that’s sure to grab your attention – increased sales. When you have delicious food options, efficient service, and satisfied customers, it automatically translates to more business. Existing customers will become loyal and order from your establishment frequently. They’ll also spread the word and encourage friends and family to do the same. As they give feedback and positive reviews, it convinces others to support your restaurant.
- Stand Out From The Competition – There’s no denying that the restaurant industry has stiff competition. From mom-and-pop restaurants and food trucks to domestic and international food chains, you’re competing against some of the best chefs in the world. Restaurant management software enables you to compete with household names. It perfects your services, impresses your target audience, and expands your brand, separating you from the rest.
Ghost kitchens provide an affordable way for aspiring chefs and restaurant owners to share their masterpieces with the world. Then the advancement of modern technology sparked the influx of online ordering, leaving brick-and-mortar establishments scrambling to keep up with consumer demands. As luck would have it, ghost kitchen providers developed a restaurant management platform that equipped chefs with a secure, user-friendly resource to take their businesses to new heights.