IoT Monitoring is the practice of continuous and automated capture of data from IoT sensors and devices using special software. This software can capture data for various purposes, such as diagnosing device problems, improving performance, and evaluating security. IoT gathers information about the performance and functionality of devices connected to networks and possible troubleshooting.
In general, IoT monitoring serves two purposes:
- It monitors the status of IoT devices and is also known as an IoT fleet.
- It allows you to monitor the condition and performance of any IoT devices attached to it.
IoT is a new technology that allows delivery and transportation companies to be first in line. They can monitor all embedded sensors in the vehicle using IoT. This is called IoT fleet monitor and it’s part of IoT Fleet Management. IoT fleet management offers many benefits, including the ability to prevent technical problems by notifying the manager in advance about possible malfunctions and required checks.
Top 10 Tools for IoT Device Monitoring
1. Oracle IoT
Oracle creates Oracle Io is a great solution for all businesses. It connects assets and logistics transportation means and intelligent manufacturing. Titan International uses smart Manufacturing IoT by Oracle to manage inventory and shipping, data collection, and customer support.
Features of Oracle IoT –
- Monitoring of Worn-in Progress
- Connected logistics
- Monitoring, tracking, and shipping monitoring
- Inventory management
- Safety at work through monitored and connected workplaces
- Oracle IoT can integrate with Oracle apps and other programs and supports ERP, CRM, and H.R. in one platform.
- Oracle Corporation was founded in 1977. It is one of the most trusted and oldest companies on the market.
Also read: What Is IoT Architecture And Why Should Businesses Care
This IoT monitoring addresses enterprises that need to monitor all their hardware devices, software, or apps in one platform. It can be used for energy efficiency by connecting energy assets, or industrial monitoring of equipment in factories and production areas. Qube uses Particle cell IoT to monitor and fix leaks and emissions so that more serious problems do not occur. Big companies like Watsco and Wonder use Particle IoT, as well as Champions, and Zoomo. It is also used by Opti for its weather forecasts.
Features of Particle IoT
- Customizable IoT monitoring platform
- Cellular IoT connects devices via cellular networks, similar to those used for smartphones
- Cloud protection with firewall
- Integrates with any REST API-enabled app
- Particle IoT is a solution to hardware and software connectivity.
- It also includes practical community support, which users can access if they experience issues with the platform.
ThingWorx is an Industrial Internet of Things produced by PT. This allows users to build their own IoT platform specific to their industry. This is a great solution for large companies that need to monitor millions of devices at once. ThingWorx is used in the following industries: Information Technology and Services, Machinery, and IT Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc is one the most important companies that use ThingWorx.
- Transmit bi-directional files
- Manage business processes that are connected to devices.
- The expandable model allows for the easy addition of new elements and services.
- Standard integration framework to create and implement reusable system connectors
- Remote access to all devices monitored
- ThingWorx automates thousands, or even millions of devices, decreasing the time it takes to monitor and manage mass production.
4. IBM Watson IoT
IBM Watson IoT provides the most advanced platform for monitoring devices. It is highly functional and visible in terms of connectivity and functionality. Users can also add and remove devices as needed. Some of the most well-known customers of IBM IoT include Airbus, BNP Paribas Wealth Management Private Banking, and Bragi Gmbh.
Features of IBM Watson IoT
- A.I. and Data Analytics
- Design real estate space
- Cognitive computing features to improve in-vehicle experiences and fleet maintenance
- Compatible with IBM cloud apps
- Control and Maintain visibility of intelligent assets
- Users can remotely reboot and install updates on the firm devices by accessing the IoT IBM monitoring dashboard.
5. Amazon AWS IoT Core
Amazon AWS IoT Core connects billions upon billions of devices instantly to the cloud. It can be used by both small and large companies as well as established enterprises like Volkswagen, Carrier, and Traeger. For example, United Airlines uses Amazon AWS IoT to reduce emissions and improve operational efficiency.
Features of Amazon AWS IoT Core
- It supports billions upon billions of connected devices.
- AWS IoT DeviceSDK connects hardware apps to AWS IoT Core via WebSockets or HTTP protocols.
- Device Advisor cloud-based test to validate new IoT devices that have been added to AWS IoT Core. It also maintains the network’s security.
- Amazon AWS IoT users also have access to Amazon QuickSight and Amazon Kinesis.
- Amazon AWS IoT has the largest IoT monitoring system in terms of the number of connected devices and connections it can handle, which can reach billions.
- This IoT monitoring platform’s free tier offers up to 2.25 million connections per minute and 500,000 messages per month.
6. Microsoft Azure IoT Suite
Microsoft created Azure IoT. This tool is available to all companies. The Azure IoT Hub and the Azure Digital Twins can be used by businesses to build the best Internet of Things solutions. Some of the most prominent companies that use Azure IoT include Blackfriars Group and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Features of Microsoft Azure IoT Suite
- Edge-to-control IoT monitoring
- You can make your own metrics
- Fully integrates with Azure Event Grid
- Bidirectional communication with billions of IoT devices
- Microsoft Azure is the only edge-to-cloud intelligent IoT monitoring technology.
7. Altair SmartWorks
SmartWorks is an IoT platform from Altair that integrates with Altair HyperWorks which is a great simulation platform, but also with Altair PBS Works’ computing cloud technology. SmartWorks has two customers: Mahindra & Mahindra, an automotive company, and SOCOMEC Group S.A., a manufacturing company. SmartWorks’ IoT platform is available to small, medium, and large businesses that want to manage and control their devices, as well as use data to improve any aspect of their business.
Features of Altair SmartWorks
- The IoT monitoring platform can be customized with ease thanks to its open architecture
- Integrates with Altair HyperWorks, Altair PBS
- Process augmentation at the edge or in the cloud
- You can choose from hosted on-premises, cloud or hybrid deployment models.
- Integrates all Altair tools.
Also read: Top 10 Azure Monitoring Tools
8. Salesforce IoT Cloud
Salesforce IoT Cloud is a great tool for sales companies of any size. This IoT platform collects data from customers, devices, and potential partners. Businesses can then use this data to improve their activity and win more clients. Salesforce IoT allows companies to access data from any source thanks to API and RESTful technology. The Town of Cary, USA National Institute of Standards and Technology, and Caesars Entertainment, Inc. use Salesforce IoT Cloud.
Features of Salesforce IoT Cloud
- Real-time information about product production, performance, and sales
- Prioritizing tasks and crew scheduling features
- Information about contracts, maintenance, and plans
- Create apps designed for mobile employees
- Traffic view features
- It’s a great tool for testing business concepts, as it can predict the effect of such ideas on sales or customers behavior.
9. Metric Fire
Metric Fire is an IoT monitoring platform that can be customized to meet the individual needs of each user. This platform can be used with Graphite and Hosted Prometheus to produce real-time metrics. Metric Fire is available to all businesses, regardless of their size. It can also adapt to any industry’s needs thanks to its flexibility. MoneySuperMarket is one of the most prominent customers.
Features of Metric Fire:
- Alerts via VictorOps and PagerDuty as well as email and Webhooks
- Built-in API technology allows for automation features
- Both cloud-based and on-premise monitoring are available
- To collect data, use a Hosted Graphite agent
- Grafana dashboards allow data visualization
- Metric Fire is one of the most user-friendly platforms. It allows clients to customize the dashboard to their needs.
10. Senseye PdM
Senseye PdM is a predictive maintenance platform that monitors industrial equipment. It’s cloud-based so it can be accessed remotely from anywhere. Managers can monitor their machines at any time. The IoT platform collects data from all devices on the network and uses that data to predict possible failures to prevent them. Its platform integrates with other IoT platforms such as Microsoft Azure and clients such as BlueScope and Sony.
Features of Metric Fire
- Monitored machines can be expected to fail.
- Calculates the machine’s lifespan and health
- Alerts and insights about the operation parameters of the equipment monitored
- Senseye PdM is fully integrated with your existing maintenance management systems.
- Senseye PdM lowers maintenance costs by 40% and eliminates the necessity for manual inspections.
Conclusion — Top IoT Device Monitoring Tools
It is natural, since it may seem like millions of IoT devices are in one system.
Here are some of the benefits IoT monitoring can bring to your business:
- Monitoring Performance and Availability of IoT Fleet.
- Alerting in the event of Emergencies
- Convenient display of aggregate data
- Equipment performance analysis.
- Reduced manual labor.
IoT Monitoring can help improve the performance of your company, decrease manual work costs, and increase team collaboration with one dashboard.