Top 7 Free Business Phone Number Apps
Companies can save money by getting a free business phone number. They often offer vanity numbers, toll-free numbers, and local area codes. Virtual business numbers are used by many companies to obtain customized contact numbers. You can use a dedicated number for your business to separate personal and work-related calls. These numbers can be convenient and establish credibility. They also make your business look more professional.
To ensure that our recommendations were reliable, we spent 16 hours researching 21 tools. We evaluated 21 different tools based on user reviews and provider type, call quality, features, and providers. This final list is a summary of the top free business phone number providers.
Top 7 Free Business Phone Numbers
Nextiva is a top virtual business number service that allows you to obtain business phone numbers for different geographical locations. You can keep your current number and port other numbers to receive all business calls.
The cloud-based phone system improves call performance by offering more than 40 VoIP features. These include call parking and routing, forwarding as well as screening, holding, queuing, and screening.
- Nextiva offers visual voice analytics, which gives detailed information on call data such as call volumes, talk times, and abandoned calls.
- All calls can be recorded and accessed for up to six months without the need for hardware.
- Real-time reporting provides a snapshot of activity within your organization.
- Multi-level auto attendant routes inbound phone calls to the appropriate person or department.
- The dashboard allows you to view all log data and call history.
- Enjoy HD voice and video conferences with up to 250 people
- Nextiva allows you to use screen sharing to collaborate in real time with your team.
- Integrations with third-party companies include Zapier, HubSpot, and Zapier.
- You can personalize greetings and announcements to be sent to your callers.
- Citizens of the United Kingdom and Puerto Rico, Canada, USA, etc.
Also read: 13 Ways to Improve Telemarketing Strategy and Win Customers
Phone.com offers affordable VoIP services and is one of the most popular business phone systems. It offers a free business number and users can port their existing business number.
It offers phone management features such as call forwarding, faxing, call scheduling, holds music, and call routing. You can also use the platform to send unlimited outbound and inbound SMS, MMS, voice, and faxes. Phone.com offers paid services such as live virtual receptionists and video conferencing. Additionally, you will find a variety of VoIP phone models, call analytics and reports, as well as voicemail transcriptions.
- Notifications for incoming calls via email or text message will be sent to you.
- Phone.com screens the call and provides information about the caller before you pick up the phone.
- Audio conferencing allows for high-definition voice quality and can connect up to 300 people.
- Call Queues are used to route calls to the correct department or group of numbers.
- When multiple lines are ringing at the same number, voice tags can help you greet customers properly.
- View call logs for your business telephone communications including faxes, outgoing, and missed calls.
- Third-party integrations include Zapier and Chrometa, AllProWebTools, and Comm100.
- Phone.com can be used by all countries, except Nigeria and Haiti.
OpenPhone provides a business phone system that is ideal for small businesses and independent workers. To streamline your phone communications, download the app. You can also transfer your current phone number or set availability based on your business hours.
It is also possible to set up shared lines between team members. OpenPhone allows users unlimited domestic business calls, voicemails, and SMS. This app allows team members to share inboxes and collaborate on chat threads.
- It allows you to transcribe voicemails and convert them into text.
- Basic IVR and Auto-attendant Direct Callers.
- You can either set auto-recording or tap and capture the call for later reference.
- OpenPhone makes it possible to make calls to other Canadian and US numbers.
- You can use GIFs, send short snippets and make group calls.
- Analytics and reporting give insight into overall business performance.
- Direct calls to the appropriate people within your company by routing them.
- Hubspot, Slack, and Gong are all third-party integrations.
- OpenPhone can be obtained by citizens of Canada, the USA, India, Indonesia, Iraq, and 180+ other countries.
VoIP.ms provides cloud-based phone service for small and large businesses. It has a strict bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy. The free app provides free business phone numbers that can be used to make phone calls, send messages and exchange voicemails.
VoIP.ms allows you to set up the platform to meet your requirements and port existing numbers. This system handles incoming and outgoing calls via call waiting, DID forwarding, call hunting, and call forwarding. This system allows you to add extensions to callers, monitor calls and generate reports to track performance.
VoIP.ms includes call parking, callback entry, voicemail to mail, auto-reply, call parking, callback, and callback. Interactive Voice Response (IVR), which allows you to route calls and provide space for audio conferencing, can be created.
- You can reach the most commonly dialed numbers, by configuring up to 99 telephone book entries with a speed dial code.
- It supports up to three simultaneous calls.
- Set up queues to manage high volumes of incoming calls.
- You can host the audio conference from either a local or toll-free Direct Inward Dialing (DID) number.
- You can record and manage phone conversations for all incoming or outgoing calls.
- Call hunting routes calls to the appropriate extension until it answers or goes to voicemail.
- You can either send a busy signal to the caller or play a prerecorded message for those who are waiting.
- VoIP.ms offers 11 music genres and plays for callers on hold.
Before answering a call, the system can filter out incoming calls and retrieve the caller ID.
- Use the “Do not disturb” mode to stop your phone from ringing if you aren’t available.
- VoIP.ms provides multiple business numbers.
- The VoIP.ms number is available to citizens of Canada, Mexico, and the USA.
RingCentral provides phone service for solopreneurs and startups. You can use virtual business numbers to keep your personal and business calls separate. You don’t need to buy additional equipment or phones because the services work with your existing devices.
The phone system allows unlimited domestic calls, voicemails, and virtual fax. To route calls to a US-based receptionist, a Ruby Receptionist service can be used. RingCentral offers essential features such as automated greetings and calls forwarding.
- Transfer your existing number to your client without changing their number.
- VoIP and Wi-Fi can be used to make calls even if cellular reception is not good.
- You can use it to send updates and quick responses to customers via business texting.
- You can transfer calls to another extension or number.
- To greet clients or visitors, you can create custom greetings.
- Users can access voicemail transcribed in real-time, without having to listen.
- Simultaneous calling allows you to answer multiple calls at once.
- RingCentral offers detailed call reports that will keep you informed about the performance of your business.
- It also has an inbound call control that allows you to screen callers and get more information before answering any call.
- The auto-attendant answers inbound calls and direct callers and receives messages.
- RingCentral provides multiple business numbers.
- Citizens of Canada, Japan, and Venezuela as well as the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and 40+ countries.
Also read: How You Can Transition Your Business Smoothly from ISDN to VoIP
6. Google Voice
Google Voice is the best free business phone number for solopreneurs and freelancers looking for a low-cost business phone system. This is a great option for regular users of Google Workspace apps. It offers basic call management capabilities with no monthly fees and can sync with multiple devices.
If you have the Google Voice App, you can access the number from a web browser, an existing landline, or a mobile phone. Google Voice allows users to set up their PBX and access cellular networks or Wi-Fi for business operations.
- It offers real-time data reporting to track call entries and durations.
- Users can route calls to another phone number or voicemail.
- Google Voice allows you to send custom, secure and ad-free emails to your business.
- The auto attendant plays messages and directs callers to the right department or people.
- To entertain or promote your callers, create custom greetings and messages.
- Voicemail transcripts and audio can be listened to on the phone.
- It blocks spam calls and Robocalls by using voice AI.
- When you create ring groups, your team can answer calls from the exact same Google Voice number.
- Google Calendar, Gmail and Google Drive are third-party integrations.
- Citizens of the USA, UK, Spain, Denmark, and Spain are all eligible
CallCentric is a free virtual number app that offers the basic functionality of a VoIP platform. It can use either an analog telephone adapter or an application that allows you to make VoIP calls. You can access the CallCentric service from a mobile phone by setting up the app. You can connect to the local internet network with a desk phone or computer that has IP capability.
- Alternate numbers can be ordered and will ring on your Callcentric telephone.
- You can make calls to four people simultaneously by using 4-way calling.
- CallCentric provides free directory assistance by dialing 411.
- It prevents unwanted telemarketer calls and robocalls.
- Users can forward direct inward dialing numbers for traditional PSTN numbers.
- You can dial *66 to the last number redial.
- An external caller ID can be used to add information to a number. This is not possible with your CallCentric account.
- Call waiting allows you to receive an incoming phone call even if you are on another call.
- You can reject calls by using an anonymous Caller ID, or you can send the call to voicemail.
- CallCentric provides multiple business numbers.
- Citizens of the USA and Canada as well as Argentina, Canada, Ireland and 45+ other countries.
Last Line — Top Free Business Phone Number
A free business phone number can be a useful tool for small businesses and entrepreneurs, allowing them to maintain a professional image and improve communication with customers. However, businesses should carefully evaluate the limitations and potential costs associated with free services and consider upgrading to a paid plan for additional features and support.